– Today we continue in our series of 7 Healthy Spiritual Habits that we started some weeks ago.
– Strong Christians Build Their Faith
“David encouraged and strengthened himself in the Lord his God.” –1 Samuel 30:6, AMPC
Faith is your responsibility. It isn’t God’s, it isn’t your pastor’s, and it isn’t your spouse’s. The only one who can guarantee that you enjoy a strong faith is YOU. God has given you the tools you need to develop a strong faith—the kind of faith that moves mountains, shuts the mouths of lions, quenches the flames of fire, turns weakness to strength, and puts whole armies to flight (Hebrews 11:33-34).
How do you build that kind of faith? By hearing the Word of God again and again (Romans 10:17). Feeding your faith is the seed; hearing it again and again is how you water the seed and build faith. Just as with natural muscles, repetition is the key to building strong faith.
Action points for the week:
To build your faith, try implementing some of these actions.
- Join the early morning prayers. It’s a good boost for your day.
2. Keep your phone loaded with Spiritual messages or watch on-demand via YouTube. We have enough to last you a life time.
3. When you do your house chores, work out, go on a walk, or take your lunch break, put in earbuds and feed your spirit.
4. Confess the Word of God over various areas where you’re believing God for a miracle.
As you feed your spirit, remember that faith comes by hearing, but so does doubt. So, what are you listening to? What is the news telling you? What are your friends telling you? Guard the precious Word you’ve sown into your heart by refusing to consume anything contrary.
When you build your faith by hearing the Word on a daily basis, truth will come, faith will come and then—VICTORY will come.
About Kola Fayemi
Kola Fayemi is the resident pastor of The Elevation Church Ikorodu; he is also the Global Head of the Prayer and Intercessory Ministry of TEC. In addition to this, he is a professional lawyer with bias in Energy Law, Information Technology and Telecommunications Law and Corporate Governance.
Pastor Kola is a dedicated family man, a God lover and an intercessor par excellence. When he is not at work, in church or researching, he spends his spare time watching football as an ardent fan of Liverpool Football Club.
Pk as fondly called is married to his best friend, Tomilola Kolawole-Fayemi and their marriage is blessed with two beautiful daughters, with whom they reside in Lagos, Nigeria.