It has been an amazing year all together in the Gospel Min-dustry and we can boldly affirm that the kingdom is blessed to have selfless music ministers such as Peter Kuku.
Peter kuku who recently released his debut single titled Ogo established that he gets his inspiration from the Holy Spirit In an exclusive interview with 247Gvibes. Enjoy.
1. Can we meet you ?
I am Peter Oladipo Kuku a.k.a Asaph. Number 4 of 5 in the family. I’m an indigene of Ogun state, Ijebu Ode to be precised. Studied History and Diplomatic Studies (B.A Hons) and Industrial and Labour Relations (Dip.) I love singing.
2. How was growing up like ?
I wasn’t born with a silver spoon. Growing up was tough which has made me strong for life’s journey and built my experience.
3. How long have you been in the ministry ?
I started singing even before I can remember but officially, I was forced to join the children choir when I was in pry 3. Because they felt I needed to go display all the noise I was making at home in church.
4. That moment you decided ministry is what you want to do with your life, what was it like?
5. Do you have any particular genre of music you love ?
What inspired “OGO” is in Rev 4:4-11. The Twenty four Elders and angels worship God day and night. We God’s children on earth owe Him that great deal of worship too.
7. What influence you style of music ?
Holy Spirit! In addition to the fact that I love to sound African, the Holy Spirit is the inspiration behind every song that comes my way.
8. What challenges have you faced so far and how have you been able to overcome it?
I have faced many challenges of rejection, incompetence (I no wan mention them). But in all, I faced where I am going. I know what God told me decades ago. So that’s my drive! Challenges comes, but once I remember what He told me when He appeared to me in my dream in JSS 3…..I carry body waka go……smiles
9. Any new project your fans should be ?
10. Who would you like to collaborate with in the future?
From childhood, I’ve always wanted to sing side-by-side with Don Moen- my very first Mentor. Then other music ministers like Nathaniel Bassey, Aunty Tope Alabi…just to mention a few.
11. If you are giving an all expense paid trip out of the country, where would you go?
12. A word for a Gospel minister out there.
Pls, don’t sing to impress anyone. Do you think thing your own way. It brings out the uniqness in you, makes you different and gives you an edge over others. Above all, always remember God in all you do!